cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup on network hdd

for3st
Level 2
hello,

I have the next situation: a BE server (in a domain) and a network hdd (in workgroup). When i'm trying to create a backup-to-disk folder on the remote hdd i receive an error because the remote hdd is protected with user and password. My question is how is possible to create a backup-to-disk folder using authentication credentials of hdd?

kind regards
6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Create  a user on the workgroup compter that has the same name and password as the BackupExec service account

for3st
Level 2
Thx for quick answer but the point is that the hdd is not managed by a pc, its a network hdd (with few settings) with a static ip and i cant define the same user like BE service. The ideea is if there any possibility to use the hdd user and password to define a backup-to-disk folder.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If you cannot create a user account on the NAS, and you cannot add the NAS to the domain, I think you are probably out of luck .

About all that you could do would be go give everyone full access to the NAS, probably not anoption, right?

Message Edited by Ken Putnam on 12-03-2007 07:39 AM

for3st
Level 2
yes, probably i'm out of luck because the network hdd could not be add to the domain.
in the same time i can define a user on the NAS (and is not a problem to give full access rights to this account)but i dont know how to use the credentials to define a backup-to-disk folder.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
if you can create an account on the NAS, then create one with Full Control, with the same name and password as the BackupExec service account, then logon to the media server as the service account to create the B2D folders using UNC rather than mapped drives

for3st
Level 2
i'll try this and i'll come back with the results.
many thx for help