cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup job not spanning tapes

Martin_Bassie
Level 2
Hi,

Started using BE 11d last week, I setup a Daily Inc/Weekly Full rotation as I'm used to, pointing the job at the 'All Devices' device pool. Inventory, scanning, erasing all work fine using the tape library and the freshly defined (overwriteable) media sets. When the full backup job ran, however, it stalled after approx 205GB, roughly the amount of data that'd fit on a single tape. It appears as if BE is unable to switch

There's no prompting for overwriteable media, no alert indicating a stalled job or the job failing, just the job stalling without any further data being written.

I'm using 11d R7170, Dell PV-122T changer, SDLT 320 tape drive, no other backup devices present.

What am I doing wrong?

1 REPLY 1

Martin_Bassie
Level 2

It appears the stalled job is linked to beremote.exe crashing when BE is about to change tapes.

The application, D:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\beremote.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 12/03/2007 @ 17:43:53.283 The exception generated was 000006d1 at address 77E55E02 (kernel32!RaiseException)

Looks remarkably similar to this issue: https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=115&message.id=550

Unless there's something obvious I'm overlooking, I guess I'll have to call support.