cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup to disk (offsite)

jamie_Holt
Level 2
I want to take my backup to disk contents offsite on a tape. I backup to disk and then copy those contents to tape. Will I have any issues restoring? Can I catalog just one of the files rather than all the files inside the backup to disk folder?
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If you just do a flat file backup of the BKF files, you will have to restore the BKF files to disk, then inventory and catalog before you can restore And no, you must copy all of the catalog files associated with the job(s) that you want to take offsite

If, however, yuo do a Duplicate job, BackupExec will create a copy of the backup set(s) on the tape(s) and you can restore directly from tape.

jamie_Holt
Level 2
Duplicate job? You mean take the job that backs up to file and have it also backup to tape?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
It is one of your options for job type

a standard COPY job just backs up the BKF files as files

a DUPLICATE job will create a copy of the backup on the new media, such that you can restore directly from the target of the job.

Not sure about v9.1m but withg v10 you can create a policy that will do this automatically when the B2D job finished, rather than having to kick it off manually.