cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backups keep failing on one server

Jason_Best
Level 3
I keep getting this error message when backing up my SQL server. I have already tried to uninstall the agent, reboot and reinstall the agent. I can connect to the server in the job monitor. When I look at the restore options for this server it doesn't look like it has backed it up in a while.

Server: HP Proliant DL 360 dual 3 ghz cpu, 4 gb ram, Windows 2003 standard, SQL 2000 standard.

Job ended: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 at 11:22:58 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0008492 - Database Query Failure. See the job log for details.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33938

Backup- SQL3V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.
V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.
V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.
V-79-57344-65072 - The database server is not responding. Backup set canceled.
9 REPLIES 9

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Since when does the problem occur? There could be several causes for this error. Refer to the following technotes which might help resolve the problem:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/273360
http://support.veritas.com/docs/262416

Revert if the issue persists.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Jason_Best
Level 3
The problem started to occur at the beginning of the month. I have tried several items to resolve this but nothing worked. I have not had time yet to try your suggestions, I got slammed with items after posted this request.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Please update us once you have referred to those technotes.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Jason_Best
Level 3
I ran the MDAC checker and I have some that are mismatched, I am gonig to install SP1 for 2003 on the server tonight to get the MDAC updates and see if that resolves the issue.

Jason_Best
Level 3
I installed SP1 for 2003 and it fixed my MDAC mismatch issue but I still can not do a backup of this server. None of the other resolutions seems to match my issue.

What doesn't make any sense to me, is that I can browse the server in the BackupExex manager and see the files and the SQL databases.

I had tried to backup a file only backup, SQL only backup and both and they all fail with this error:

Job Completion Status
Job ended: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 at 8:15:17 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fe30 - A communications failure has occurred.
Final error category: Server Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65072

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup- SQL3V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Try doing a backup using under user defined selections.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Jason_Best
Level 3
I tried to do a new backup job. One with just that server, all files and the SQL databases. I tried another one with just files and then one more with just the SQL database. They all fail with the same error message as I stated above.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Please refer to the following technote:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/262333
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Jason_Best
Level 3
it is already set to use all availible nics.