cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bemcmd not processing whole file

Chris_Phillips
Level 3
I am trying to automate the creation of jobs as we build new servers up. I am using a bemcmd script to create a job template and a job selection and then use these to create a job. The template is created, but it doesn't appear to be processing the whole script file as the eject media and overwrite settings are not being entered. Script is below

BK_METHOD=0//Full Backup
OPEN_FILES_METHOD=2//Backup with a lock
SINGLE_INSTANCE_FOR_NTFS=YES//Enable single instance storage
REMOTE_AGENT_PRIORITY=MEDIUM//Set the remote agent priority
OVERWRITE_JOB=YES//Overwrite the job if it already exists

APPEND=NO//Overwrite the tape
VERIFY=YES//Verify written data
COMPRESSION_TYPE=0//Use Hardware compression if available
EJECT_MEDIA=YES//Eject the tape upon job completion

SCHED_STARTTIME=01:00:00
SCHED_ENDTIME=05:59:00
DAYS=TUES,WED,THU,FRI,SAT//Run the job on Tues - Sat inclusive

Any help will be much appreciated
4 REPLIES 4

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Do you receive any alerts pertaining to media in the alerts tab? Was bemcmd processing this file before? If yes, since when do you get the problem?

Do elaborate on the above. Additionally refer to the following technote:

How to start a job using BEMCMD and a script file
http://support.veritas.com/docs/235619

You can post your response on the above questions to the forum. However in case we do not receive your update within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Chris_Phillips
Level 3
Hi Priya

I am attempting to set up a job schedule with bemcmd, not set the job off. I have consulted the documentation from page 733 to create a job template script and set it up with the -o230 option. The selectiuon has been created with the -o220 option succesfully, and the template creates with the o230 option, it just doesn't appear to change the media settings. I then schedule the job with the -o240 option and the schedule creates ok. Hope this expolains a bit better

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

After verifying the script which you have posted here, we have found that the sections in the files (title of the sections show in brackets--i.e-- didn't contain an underscore like it should.
-- Make sure that script contain underscores in the Section titles that are designated by brackets

-- And verify the result.

Thank you for updating us on this issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Chris_Phillips
Level 3
Deepali

Thanks for your help, I too found this. It isn't very helpful when the documentation supplied with the product doesn't give you the correct syntax for the files!!