cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beremote.exe keeps crashing

Graham_Anders1
Level 3
Hi

I have Backup Exec 9.0 rev 4367 sp1 running on windows 2003 sp1. I'm struggling to keep the beremote.exe process running for more than a couple of hours. The following event is logged in event viewer when the process stops (NB it can stop at pretty much any point during the day, it doesn't have to be when backup exec is running).

source application error
event id 1000

Faulting application beremote.exe, version 9.0.4367.0, faulting module beclass.dll, version 9.0.4367.0, fault address 0x0001b712.

Or the message could read

Faulting application beremote.exe, version 9.0.4367.0, faulting module ndmpsrvr.dll, version 9.0.4367.0, fault address 0x0008b398.

I know that the software can work, as I've performed a manual backup successfully. This server only went in last week - brand new box, brand new OS etc. I've searched all over for this error, and can find nothing on it.

Question number 1 - why does the remote agent need to be installed when we're not backing up anything remote? All the selections in the job list are local.

Question number 2 - if I do need the remote agent running on the local machine (and I can't see how to get rid of it), how can I keep the process from producing the above error?

Thanks
Graham
4 REPLIES 4

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

As a preliminary step we would recommend you to upgrade to Backup Exec v9.1. It addresses many issues and enhancements.

You can download and install it using the following technotes:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264342.htm

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/262414.htm

BEWS 9.1 is a free downloadable upgrade inclusive of previously installed agents and options from Backup Exec 9.0 for Windows Servers agents and options.

Update all agents/options on all remote systems.

Backup Exec 9.0 uses remote agent to perform local backups as well ,hence the port 10,000 should be open as remote agent listens on this port.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Graham_Anders1
Level 3
Hi

We've upgraded to 9.1 rev 4691 SP2, and I've installed hotifx 52 as well. We'll see what happens today.

Cheers
Graham

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Thank you for the update. Do revert with the results.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Graham_Anders1
Level 3
Hi

Upgrading seems to have done the trick. Thanks for your help.

Graham