cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beremote.exe v. 49 and bengine.exe v. 54, stuck in pre-processing

SADA_Support
Level 3
I applied SP4 recently and since then the backup gets stuck in pre-processing. If canceled, the job gets stuck in Cancel pending. If sevices are restarted, Remote Agent service gets stuck in Starting. The only way to fix this is to do a hrd-reboot (server hangs at the empty desktop with normal restart).
I checked the version of beremote file on a remte server and its 9.1.4691.49. The version of bengine file on the backup server is 9.1.4691.54
Versions are different, and that seems to be cause problem. I've already tried uninstalling the agent on the remote server and reinstalling it both pushing and manually.
Should versions be the same, and if so, how can I install a correct version of Remote Agent?
I am hoping to get a real answer from Veritas, not a copy-paste answer that is so popular on this forum.
1 REPLY 1

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
We still wanted to know the following:
- Does a specific Job always hangs?
- Are you using AOFO?
- What are you backing up from the Remote Sevrer?
- Are any Databases being backedup?
- Did you reinstall the remote agent before the SP4a Installation or after that?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.