cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot Overwrite my Backup Tape

Cary_Ian
Level 3

Hi support!

im getting this alerts for 1 week now "Please Insert Overwritable Tape" I have 14 tapes all in all to change form this week to the next week. when i check in the media tab. all tapes are "overwritable protected until" (overwritable) and appendable until (NOT appendable media full)   how to resolve this issue? thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3

Mikkkki
Level 2

Hi,

Maybe, stupid question, but did you checked the media itself? Once I had the same problem, and it found out that the write protect switch was in wrong position... Since than I stoer my tapes to be able to see the switches...

Regards:Miki 

Cary_Ian
Level 3
i check the switch everytime before i mount the tape. it always ask me to insert overwriteble media. and my tape setting is " infinite - allow append" but in the media tab it state not appendable (media full). why it didn't overwrite my backup tape?

wcduncan
Level 2

@Cary Ian wrote:
i check the switch everytime before i mount the tape. it always ask me to insert overwriteble media. and my tape setting is " infinite - allow append" but in the media tab it state not appendable (media full). why it didn't overwrite my backup tape?

When you first set up the media is where you set up the overwrite and append settings.  In order for you to be able to append and overwrite at any time you need to set it to 0 (zero) hours.  This will allow you to use the take when ever you want.