Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

central admin option

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner
Hi
I have a question about central admin option. I have 6 remote location where Backup Exec Servers work. I want to install Backup Exec in central location with CASO, but only for monitoring purposes. I understand that I should to specify Central Server in all locations, and not move databases to central location. Backups in all remote servers should work even if there is no connection with Central Server .. Is it possible ??
5 REPLIES 5

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please refer the BE admin guide for more information:

http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/279401.pdf

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner
there is no information about it in documentation...

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

If monitoring jobs is the only purpose which needs to be fulfilled through CASO, you may also go for Remote administrator or Web admin console. Refer Page 95 and 709 of Backup Exec admin manual.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner
I have few remote sites connected to central location by WAN. In central location I want only to have ability to monior status of jobs in remote locations. My customer doesn't want to connect by few remote WWW consoles.
I've just checked it. Backup Exec remote servers can't work without connection to Central Admin Server. So ... connection by not stable WAN link is not good solution.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

You can place the databases on the local servers and use Central admin server to monitor but you will need stable WAN link to monitor the MMS.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.