cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e0008443 - One or more SQL Database consistency checks have failed

jdowney
Level 3

e0008443 - One or more SQL Database consistency checks have failed.

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33859

I get this error on my FULL and Incremental jobs every night.  However, when I perform a database consistency check manually directly on the Backup Exec Database (https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH144229), it shows 0 errors and 0 inconsistencies.  Are these errors not related to the Backup Exec Database, but the actual SQL databases that are being backed up during the job?  If so it would be too strange that all of my SQL databases that are being backed up would be having the same issue.  More or less it seems more likely that the error is false since the backup jobs are capturing the data and restores seem to be working.  However, I need to figure out for sure if there a problem.

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

The errors relate to what you back up

And I think there is a setting to continue the backup even if the consistency check fails (which you may have enabled)

As such (assuming you backup more than 1 database in the job) you will need to look at which databases have the problem to understand where the fault is

Okay - I performed a dbcc checkdb on all of the databases and servers being backed up.  0 errors 0 inconsistencies.  What is going on here?  I see that there is an option to check physical_only (default), full include indexes, full, exclude indexes.  Also, I can perform checks before and after the backup.  Does that fact that these are virtual servers have anything to do with why the default (Physical_Only) check might be failing?  I'm doing tape backups.  I'm thinking about just selecting none as the database consistency check to bypass this false error.  Please help me undersand this.