cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 1606 network path not found \IDR\Data - upgrade from 10d to 11d

csplondon
Level 2
we are currently running a small business 2003 server premium edition with backup exec version 10d installed.  when trying to upgrade to 11d i get the following error halfway through installation

"1606 network path not found IDR\Data\" and setup cancels.

i have tried the following: that was suggested to me but it did not make any differnce

Check the values of these keys and set them to a valid local path. It would be best to set them to the default under the Backup Exec installation directory; I have added that information below the keys.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\Misc\Disaster Recovery Alternate Data Path
(Default: C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\IDR\Data\)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\Misc\Disaster Recovery Data Path
(Default: C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\IDR\Data\)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\Misc\Disaster Recovery Path
(Default: C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\IDR\)

Check this key and you may want to set it to 0 (meaning IDR is not installed) but recheck the key after upgrade to make sure it is set to 1 and the key will be in the new Symantec registry location and not the VERITAS location.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\Misc\Disaster Recovery Installed

the reson for the upgrade rather than an uninstall and re install is the fact we didnt want to lose any of out catalogues.  any help would be much appreciated.  thank you

2 REPLIES 2

Michael_McKenne
Level 6
Did you have IDR installed on 10D?  Did you put in the codes for IDR 11D with BE codes for the upgrade?  Did you move IDR on 10D? 

csplondon
Level 2
yes we had idr installed in 10d, we had had a pth set to an nas box mapped by the unc path we changed this to a local path too, but it didnt make any differnece. "did you put in the codes for idr 11d with be codes for upgrade" - dont really understand this but if you mean our serial number etc yea we put this in and it says we have idr.  we have moved idr from its default location C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\IDR\Data\  to a remote location, but we have tried the install as the default location that matches our registry keys, and our remote path but with no joy.  thanks for posting back and your help.