cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

force refresh client list

mgambetti
Level 4
Partner

i have installed a windows agent from be2010, all perfect done.

now i try to create a new backup job, but i CANNOT see the installed client...can i force or check/log samewhere if it is registered correctly?

i have installed the client specifing only ip address, i think it should do NO difference...

6 REPLIES 6

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Check in VxMon.exe (Remote Agent Utility) on the client - is it configured to publish to the Backup Exec Media Server (by IP address or name)

If yes thern is there anything blocking Port 6101  across yoru network (listening port on the media server that remote agent needs to talk to)

mgambetti
Level 4
Partner

vxmon_full.exe is running.

the media server i open and using its ip address.

i still dont see the client in favourite resources on be2010 server.

is there any log? can i force a reload of clients?

ps:

the server is on a vlan, client in another. the server can reach and initiate the connection to the client, client is not permitted.

it is something with client registration to allow the client to initiate a connection to the server or is the server that contact the client?

Simon_B_
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes your VLAN/Firewall configuration is the problem. The "Favorite Ressources" list gets populated when the Remote Agent advertises against the BE server, so it is impossible to populate this list when the agents are not able to connect to the BE server.

What should work though is to add the server manually as user defined selection by IP or hostname (as long as DNS lookups work). Then you should be able to browse the server and create a backup.

mgambetti
Level 4
Partner

i have added the ip to "favorite resources" but i still cannot see the client, the network has no firewall and the ports are opened.

i suspect that i must use the name of the machines due to some sort of certificate check...

Simon_B_
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If you add it under "User defined selections" you will have to select the data to back up also under the user defined selections. You should have a node there with your server added which you can expand to browse the data.

The certificate generation takes place the moment you browse your server node, you will get a warning when expanding the server for the first time.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you add it to the User-defined section, use the server's IP address.