cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hotfix 29

alvin_cho
Level 3
i'm running windows 2000 w/sp4. backupexec 10 rev.5484

i installed the new hotfix 29: 277895 along with the new critical windows 2000 updates. afterwards i noticed that i was not able to access the internet through that server nor even view the newtork connections. i believe the NIC cards are working since i can RDP, ping and access the shared folders.

i uninstalled the windows 2000 updates, but that didnt help, so i'm thinking it might have something to do with the hotfix. so how can i uninstall the hotfix?
4 REPLIES 4

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Are you getting any error in the application event log?
Are you getting any error while accessing the internet explorer?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

alvin_cho
Level 3
there are no errors being logged into the event log. no errors occur when opening IE, it just keeps trying to connect but never does.

alvin_cho
Level 3
here is some additional information.

i have sp1 installed along with these hotfixes: 7,8,9,14,16,23,24,25,29

Shyam_Sundar
Level 6
Hello,

A Hotfix once installed cannot be uninstalled. This is also mentioned in the document from where you have downloaded the hotfix.

And are you sure that it is only after the installation of this hotfix patch you are not able to access the Internet.

You can run a repair installation of Backup Exec Software and then you will have to reinstall SP1 and only the hotfixes which are required.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/253199

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.