cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how many license of Remote Agent for Windows System

g_toledo
Level 3

Hi i bought a Dell RD1000 with bundled Symantec backup quick start.  I can't backup a remote computer although i already installed remote agent.

My supplier told me that i need to buy a license for RAWS in order to backup my remote servers.  I have 6 remote servers .  How many RAWS license should i buy.

REgards,

Gilbert

10 REPLIES 10

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You need 1 RAWS licence per remote server.  In your case, you need 6 RAWS licence.  However, the quickstart edition has limited capabilities.  I am not sure whether you can add RAWS licence to a quickstart edition.  You may need to upgrade to a full version of BE to do so.  You got to check with Symantec Licensing regarding this.

g_toledo
Level 3

thanks for your response. I appreciate it.

g_toledo
Level 3

Please help me, I'm on the process of buying a Remote Agent for Windows System, but im not sure if BE 2010 quick start edition is capable of adding a license for RAWS? 

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Quick Start Edition does not support Remote Agent. QSE can backup only the media server, remote

server is not supported. Also QSE has very limited features enabled.

g_toledo
Level 3

What version should i buy?

g_toledo
Level 3

Hi sir AmolZeroCool,

Are  you saying that i could not add license for RAWS using my BE2010 quick start Edition for dell.

Regards,

Gilbert

AmolB

BE2010

AmolB

True.

Refer to http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH61008

g_toledo
Level 3

so meaning I have to buy full version of BE2010 and 6 RAWS for my 6 remote servers.  Is that right?

AmolB

Yes you are right