cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to script selection list creation?

Robert_Portch
Level 3
Really what I want to do is export the selections (don't care about the the job specifics) from a 9.1 server, then load them on a 10d server. (I can't add the copy config option on the 9.1 server, part of a tools collection we don't have).

Reading through several threads I got the export of job (bemcmd -o506..) with all the selections in it.

My questions is, in version 10d, bemcmd has the same -o220 option to create a selection list from a "script", so how would I take the job output from the 9.1 server, edit it so that it will import into 10d?

I get a -1 return code from the 10d bemcmd when I try to use the exported text file as input.

Is there documentation on the "script" file format for creating selection lists this way?
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
The v10 BEMCMD Guide is at http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/275538.htm

See page 99

Robert_Portch
Level 3
thanks for the link, if I can make it work I will add an update (have seen many questions on how to copy selection lists from one server to another).

Robert_Portch
Level 3
the export of job information from 9.1 using the bemcmd utility (-o506) doesn't produce anything close to what the utility wants as input to create a selection list, for any version.

Even when the export of a selection list is done from version 10d (-o507), that file cannot be used to re-create a selection list (seems wrong that the output doesn't work as input).

The creation of the selection list with a text files does work with one caveat: the selection list name (-s"name") and the input file (-f"filepath") must be inside quotes, even if there are no spaces, special charaters, etc. in the path to the input file, or the selection list name.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

refer the link :

How to view or print all or specific Backup Exec job selection lists via the command line
http://support.veritas.com/docs/278536

Please explain what exactly you want to do ...

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.