cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One server takes 30-60min BEFORE backup job starts.

Marcus_Holmsen
Level 2
Hi,

One of my servers in my domain are waiting like 30-60 minutes before starting to backup. none of my other servers are experiencing this problem.

all other things works fine on that server, network browsing, file transfer at fast speeds, the switch port are working at 100%

The only thing is that when the backup job comes to that server it seems to stop and stall for a long time before it continue to backup.

I have checked the DNS and done a pathping/regular ping to see if i have any lag on the network to that server but i dont.

Im running the latest remote agent (also reinstalled it on the server)

One other thing, In the gui when i hit "shadow copy components" it also hangs until i stop/start the service again.

Any thoughts?
2 REPLIES 2

Marcus_Holmsen
Level 2
i thought i should be a bit more clear in my question.

Im using a dedicated backup server to backup all my other servers in the domain.
Backup server : ver 10.0 rev 5484 SP4
Remote agent : ver 10.5484.30 (on the affected server)

The problem started after we changed domain and moved the server to a new location.

there are a 100mbit fiber connection to the new location and all types of connection to the server is lightning fast except the backup.

So this is the only server that is not in the same physical place as the other servers, but as all other connections to the server is fine i dont think its a connection issue.

Thanks

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi Marcus,

Please check if you are able to add the server in question using "user defined selections".

Thanks and regards,

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.