cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

impossible d'etablir une approbation

mehdi_ouazaa
Level 3

Bonjour,

en essayant de sauvegarder un agent (windows server 2008 R2), je n'arrive pas à faire une approbation avec l'agent et je tombe sur l'erreur suivante:

BEMSDK Method 'MediaServerAdvertisementUpdate'
BEMSDK Failure Code: E0000383

12 REPLIES 12

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Do a repair of the .Net Framework

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

E0000383 refers to credentials issue usually. I assume you locally installed the remote agent since you are trying to establish a trust manually ?

Are you unable to establish a trust only for one remote server or for multiple servers ?

mehdi_ouazaa
Level 3

Hi VJware,

No the agent was installed at the same time as the server (push method).

Still now it is my only agent since it is a test environment

VJware
Level 6

If the agent was push installed, then a trust relationship is automatically established.

Do you recieve an error during an actual backup ? If yes, what's the error ?

mehdi_ouazaa
Level 3

Sorry but when opening the management console, it says that the connxion is not established wit the agent.

when I try to do it manually no result!

If I try to do trust relationship manually I receive the message error E0000383.

I cant do backup jobs on the agent since no connecxion established

VJware
Level 6

Is the remote agent running under a local system account on the remote server ? Do open the remote agent utility as well on the remote server and ensure publishing is enabled.

Is port 10000 open for use by the remote agent ?

Lastly, does reinstalling the remote agent (via push install again) help ?

mehdi_ouazaa
Level 3

- No VJware, it is a domain account.

- The publishing is enabled on the agent

- I added a firewall rule on SEP manager allowing all type of connecxions on all ports (just for test) and no trust established and still have the same error message

- I re-pushed the agent on the machine baut still no trust/connexion

- I push-installed the agent on another server and it was able to trust and connect !!!

VJware
Level 6

The remote agent service must be running under the local system account.

Can you enable SGmon debugging on both servers (BE server and the affected remote server) while trying to establish a trust and attach the logs here.

mehdi_ouazaa
Level 3

Ok,

Is it a good practice or a must because connexion with the second server was done based on a domain account?

Attached the log

VJware
Level 6

It must be a "local system account" only for the remote agent service. All other BE services run under a domain account.

Do ensure the BE account has the following rights - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH23689

mehdi_ouazaa
Level 3

Ok, I forgot to tell you about an important thing: the server is DC, so no local account !!

what can we do?

VJware
Level 6

A local system account (LSA) exists on a DC as well. The LSA is different from a  "local" account. From the services menu, right-click the remote agent service, choose properties, click on the log on tab and choose local system account. Secondly, verify the BESA has the necessary rights on the DC per the above KB.