cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation of remote agent for windows server

biao_Shenb
Not applicable
Hi all,

we have two windows server, one have veritas backup exec 10 for windows installed as media server.

now we hope this media server can backup the other window server through ethernet, someone told me that I should install remote agent for windows server.
but I don't know install the remote agent for windows on which windows server? the media server or the other windows server?

thanks
2 REPLIES 2

David_Woodward
Level 3
The agent should be installed on the remote servers. To do this, open the Backup Exec Console on your Media Server and choose the Tools drop down menu then select "Install Remote Agents"

It will bring up the installer which will allow you to choose the remote servers and credentials to be used to deploy the agent to each remote server.

It's a pretty simple interface so I won't go into further details. Let me know if you need more help.

--David Woodward

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
the instruction given by David are pretty clear.
The only thing i would like to add is:
You will have to buy a remote agent licence. You will have to install the licence on the Media Server and the remote agent on the remote server.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Let us know if you have any further Querries.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.