cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installrams trouble

pj5739
Level 3
Hi,

I am trying to install the remote agent on a Mac server with OS X Server 10.3.9.  Software update tool reflects no more available updates and the server has been rebooted.  I extracted the tar file to a folder under the administrator user profile, rebooted and at the command line typed Sudo ./installrams as instructed in the administrator guide.  The name is shown correctly in the next prompt, I press enter and I get an error stating that the installation is unable to continue.  The installation log states that the host could not be obtained.  What am I doing wrong?
3 REPLIES 3

pj5739
Level 3
Ok.  I finally got it installed.  I used the IP address instead of the name and it installed ok.  Now I have another problem.  When I try to create a new selection list with the server I get the error message: "An error was encountered while attempting to browse the contents of <SERVER>.  An unknown error occurred within the NDMP subsystem."  I've reinstalled the remote agent, rebooted both the server and the media server, no luck.  How do I get whatever is using port 10000 to use another port?

pj5739
Level 3
All right.  Got it straightened out.  I added the IP address and FQDN to the host file on both the Mac server and the media server and BE can now communicate with it.  I started a backup of the server last evening and it has been running for about 14 hours....The job is hung which is another issue entirely.  I have another post regarding that issue.  If anyone has a fix for that, I'm all ears. 

pj5739
Level 3
I finally got it to work.  I had to clean up some of the corrupt files and the backup completed with exceptions, skipping a bunch of files.