cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

limit in backup exec EN/FR

kiwisky
Level 3

Hello,
Today we tested various features of Backup Exec and realized that the software limits the number of backup 2.
My question is: How do we change this value??
You can change the number of backup media, change media size but could not find how to change the numbers of support.

Bonjour,
Aujourd'hui on a testé différentes fonctionnalités de Backup exec et on s'est rendu compte que le logiciel limite le nombres de supports de sauvegarde à 2.
Ma question est : Comment on change cette valeur??
On peut changer le nombre de sauvegarde par support, modifier la taille des supports mais impossible de trouver comment modifier le nombres de support.

9 REPLIES 9

pkh
   VIP    Certified

In the B2D folder properties, increase the number of concurrent operations.

Ignore the part circled in red.  It is the last parameter called Concurrent operations.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Max number can be set to 16 for concurrent ops to B2D, however this does not apply to tape devices...

Have a look at the best practices for B2D's - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH164267

kiwisky
Level 3

But I put 1 concurrent jobs and I have 2 backup, so it's not.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If your 2 jobs are targeting 2 different B2D folders, then they can run at the same time.  The concurrent operations is to limit the number of jobs writing to that particular B2D folder.  If you want to limit to only 1 job at a time and you have multiple B2D folder, then you have to schedule your jobs not to run at the same time.

kiwisky
Level 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Concurrent operations specify how many backup operations can use that B2D simultaneously...You can have 2 or even more backups, as long as they are not running concurrently..BE by itself does not limit only to 2 backups...what happens when you run a 3rd backup ? Do you receive any error ?

kiwisky
Level 3

here is a picture of my properties.

it's the numbers of backup in in the red circle that I want to change and I don't see "2" in the properties except in the size allocated.

sorry if I express myself badly.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If I understand you correctly, you want to increase the number of backups that you are retaining.  If you want to do that, you have to go to the media set that your jobs target and change the OPP.  For example, you have a daily job and you set the OPP to 1 day, you would end up with 2 backup copies.  If you increase the OPP to 2 days, you will end up with 3 backup copies.

kiwisky
Level 3

Thanks for this answer, we will try now.