cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

more than 1 selection list for policies

ekrengel
Level 3

I have run into a dilemma where I need to have more than 1 selection list in a policy.  This is obviously because of scheduling issues...but I need rules to be applied across different selection lists...or across different policies.

Does anyone know a workaround, or if this feature is being implemented in the future?

3 REPLIES 3

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified

A policy can already be applied to more than one selection list.

Select an existing policy or selection list, and choose New, Jobs using policy.

ekrengel
Level 3

Yes, but in my policy, I want to have multiple templates that are only applied to certain selection lists.  Right now, I have two templates in the policy.  If I choose a new job using the policy, then select the selection list I want, it creates duplicate jobs with a different selection list using all the templates...

What I really like about the policies is that you can have a job run after 1 finishes so you do not have scheduling issues.  At the moment, I cannot do this because the polices do not interact with each other, nor do they let you pick spefic templates for a specific selection list in a policy.

Message Edited by ekrengel on 01-05-2009 09:00 AM

ekrengel
Level 3

FYI - Having 1 job run after the other is not the only reason why I want to use the polices...I have a monthly and weekly template, and the monthly superseeds the weekly.  I could combine the monthly selection lists in just 1, but I would still need to use a seperate selection list for the weekly as I do not want to include all the selections that are in the monthly.

So if I did it the way the policies currently work, I would have 2 jobs using the weekly selection list:

- 1 weekly temp

- 1 monthly temp

And then again 2 more jobs from the monthly selection list:

- 1 weekly temp

- 1 monthly temp

There should only be 1 weekly job using weekly template, and 1 monthly using monthly template, both using different selection lists.

Does that make sense??