cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

move back CAS/MMS to standalone backup server

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

Need help on how do I move back CAS/MMS to standalone backup server.

8 REPLIES 8

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

Anyone please could help me out? Yesterday I was installed CASO on one of our server but we decided to move back from standalone server due to some issue we encountered. Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

To change MMS to a stand-alone server

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO23412

Once you have done this for all your MMS servers, all the servers are stand-alone servers, including the CAS.

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

Hi pkh,

I tried already that procedure but I get error when uninstalling MMS on the server. I was successfully downgrade CAS into standalone the only thing that I'm having problem is to change MMS into Standalone server. 

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should have downgraded the MMS before your downgraded the CAS.  Anyway, on the MMS you can go to Tools ---> Installl Licence Keys and Options...  and uncheck the Managed Media Server option.

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

Hi pkh,

I tried that already but it failed to uninstall. I attached the screenshot. Is there any other way that I could uninstall it?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Go to the registry of the MMS and search the HKEY_LOCALMACHINE --> SOFTWARE --> Symantec key for the name of the CASO and replace it with the name of the MMS.

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

I tried to install again the CASO. I'm going to follow your first procedure downgrade first MMS then followed by CAS. Lets see if its work.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

hI Resplana,

What pkh mentioned above is what I mentioned to you yesterday about returning an MMS to a stand-alone server if your CASO was down...this would be the only way to do it, so back up your registry before doing so.

If it still doesn't work, do a search in the registry for the name of your CASO server (specifically in the Symantec key) and replace that name with the name of your MMS.

Restart your services and then try a backup again.

THanks!