cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to install infrastructure manager on server that is also domain controller

yourfavo
Level 2
we only have one server and it is used as the domain controller. we need to install backup exec on this same server. anyone have any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Installing Backup software should be enough for the kind of setup you have. Also, check what you are licensed for. Infrastructure manager is a separate software which can be used for managing updates for Backup Exec, but it would require a lot of resources on the server. As this is a domain controller, i would not recommend loading the infrastructure manager on this server. So, i would suggest going ahead with backup Exec software only on this machine and rmeote agents on your workstations. That should be enough for you to perform backups of your workstations.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
If this is the only server, why do you want to instal Infrastructure manager too? is it for managing the hotfixes on remote agents on workstations? If you are looking for installing Bakcup Exec software, it does not have any issues with working on a Domain Controller. So, you may go ahead with install of Backup Exec software.

yourfavo
Level 2
i wasnt given any installation instruction on this. the intended purpose of the server is to manage automated backups for all workstations in the domain (including backups of the server) and transfer them to an external drive (via usb). i am just inatlling all of the software that was provided, does infrasturcture manager not need to be installed?

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Installing Backup software should be enough for the kind of setup you have. Also, check what you are licensed for. Infrastructure manager is a separate software which can be used for managing updates for Backup Exec, but it would require a lot of resources on the server. As this is a domain controller, i would not recommend loading the infrastructure manager on this server. So, i would suggest going ahead with backup Exec software only on this machine and rmeote agents on your workstations. That should be enough for you to perform backups of your workstations.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.

Thanks