Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no byte count indicate while restoring database

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

Hi,

Could anyone enlighten me up? I'm trying to restore the database but I notice that theres no indication of how many byte count was being process. On my previous restore job it always has a byte count indicated that's why I'm I'm kind of curious about whats happening. I'm cluless about this one.

Thank you in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Which version of BE is this?

If it's showing 0kb in the restore selection list, you can ignore this as an error.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH59604

If it is during the restore, what are you trying to restore firstly, and secondly, does it show the data as restored once the process completes?

Have you updated your media server and push-installed these updates to any remote servers you might have?

Thanks!

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

Hi CraigV,

Which version of BE is this? BE2010 R2

The restore job is currently running right now but no byte count display on BE concole. I attached screenshot.

CraigV

...so what are you restoring then? Might also be worth your while looking into an upgrade to BE 2010 R3 with SP1 and any subsequent patches.

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

Hi,

restore job seems to be working already I just waited for 2 hours then already saw the byte count. Restore job took 5 hours to complete. Not sure how it happens but possible its because it was a huge database?

CraigV

OK, so what type of DB? SQL, Exchange etc? How big is it? if Exchange, and if it was backed up using GRT to tape for example, it's going to stage to disk first BEFORE actually restoring any data.

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

sorry for my late reply..

I restored SQL DB from tape the size of database is 500 GB.

CraigV

...and is it a redirected restore or a restore on the same server?

Is it restoring the SQL DB correctly? If so, it might not necessarily be too much of an issue if so, and you can close this off.