cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

patches broke job monitor and editing

Dorinda_Goodman
Not applicable
I recently updated with a bunch of patches so I'm up to 9.1 rev4691 (on a W2000 Adv. Server). Now all my jobs are in use by themselves and do not appear in the job monitor. They are running, but I cannot edit them or delete them. http://support.veritas.com/docs/270443 seems to refer to this problem as a known issue and to call tech services. That may be fine if you have a contract, but they won't talk to you otherwise. So is the ploy to break my backup to force me to upgrade or is there a fix? Does anyone know what patch it was and can it be removed successfully???? I was about to purchase a bunch of upgrades and modules, but this will probably make me shop elsewhere! Help.
5 REPLIES 5

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

There are a few steps which we can not perform through the Forum-post.So the Solution given in the Technote http://support.veritas.com/docs/270443 regarding this issue of Jobs do not appear in Job Monitor windows in Backup Exec;is to contact Veritas Technical Support .

For further Troubleshooting please contact either Email or Voice Support.

Hope this clarifies your Query.

Thank you.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Hi Gauri,

Can you please confirm why it is you cannot provide a response in these forums?

If you have a solution, to suggest we have to pay just to hear it only sounds like money grabbing to me.

In what way do you expect this has "clarified" anybody's query? You have not provided an answer.

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi Dorinda,

You can also avail of the E-mail support which is not a paid support.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Wrong again!!!

if you follow the links for EMail support you up at a page which displays the following

E-mail Support and Support Forums
Please note that effective January 13, 2005 VERITAS Technical Services will migrate select Technical Support service requests from E-mail suppot to our new moderated Support Forums.

We believe that this will provide a much richer experience, allowing access to the knowledge and experience of other VERITAS customers as well as to the VERITAS Support Staff.

VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows Servers version 9.1 no longer offers e-mail support. For all electronic support for this product visit our moderated Support Forums.

So tell me again how this person can get an answer via Email support?

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello Dorinda,

Sorry for the previous reply, the email support is indeed discontinued , so you will have to contact the voice support number which unfortunately is a paid option.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.