cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

php.exe error when launching Backup Exec 2010 R3 since installing Windows updates?

Kremlar
Level 4
Partner

Just installed a round of Windows Updates on 2 Windows Server 2003 R2 servers (32-bit).  Both servers are running Backup Exec 2010 R3 with latest patches installed (according to LiveUpdate).

Now, when launching Backup Exec I get 3 pop-ups with OK butons:

php.exe - Ordinal Not Found
The ordinal 3889 could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.dll.

I hit OK, then get:

php.exe - Ordinal Not Found
The ordinal 3879 could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.DLL

Hit OK again, then get:

php.exe - Unable to Locate Component
This application has failed to start because php_mbstring.dll was not found.  Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

A quick search turns up nothing.  It's happening for me on 2 different servers at 2 different locations, so I assume there must be others out there getting this error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kremlar
Level 4
Partner

I was incorrect, I now believe that the php.exe error started when PHP was installed in the server to support a small intranet page hosted on the same 2 servers. 

I took a backup copy of the c:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\SEPM folder and copied some of the newer PHP files (exe and DLLs) from c:\Program Files\PHP into the folder and now Backup Exec launches without error and seems to operate fine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Download and install SP3 and see whether it solves the problem

Backup Exec 2010 R3 revision 5204 Service Pack 3

If not, then go to Add/Remove Programs and do a repair of BE.

Remember to push out the remote agents after installing SP3.

MusSeth
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Could you please check if you are getting this error with other applications as well or with BE only Run a repair install of backup exec from add and remove programs and than try launching backup exec...

Kremlar
Level 4
Partner

I was incorrect, I now believe that the php.exe error started when PHP was installed in the server to support a small intranet page hosted on the same 2 servers. 

I took a backup copy of the c:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\SEPM folder and copied some of the newer PHP files (exe and DLLs) from c:\Program Files\PHP into the folder and now Backup Exec launches without error and seems to operate fine.