Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

query about empty restore selection

Monkeybike
Level 4
Partner
All,

Asking to see if anyone knows anything about this:

SBS 2003 Backupexec 9.1 for sbs, backups appear to work everday and over 40Gb is reported to be backed.

Server breaks, have to rebuild on to new disks in same server.

I catalog the tape and go into restore, and I see my server, except when I browse down I see every single folder that was on the server but every single folder is empty and contains no files to restore.

Does anyone know anything about this problem.

Regards

Richy
6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Silly question first

Are you sure that the data was there before the re-build?

Doesn't exactly address this problem, but see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/272886.htm

Monkeybike
Level 4
Partner
The data was there for sure, even folders like system32 has no files in it.

Every single folder is empty and looking at it the other way round it would be a lot of work to create a backup job that only backs ups folders as when you tick your selection it also ticks all the files and folders below it, so would mean someone would have to manually untick them all, Thats a lot of files to untick.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Did you try to re-index the on-disk catalogs as suggested earlier.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool

Monkeybike
Level 4
Partner
It did not work

Monkeybike
Level 4
Partner
It did not work

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Was the backup job a full, incrementl or differential? Were there any excludes/includes configured.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.