cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"1606 network path not found IDR\Data\" and setup cancels.

boldy
Not applicable
we are currently running a 2003x64 server with backup exec version 9 installed.  when trying to upgrade to 11d i get the following error halfway through installation

"1606 network path not found IDR\Data\" and setup cancels.

i have tried the following: that was suggested to me but it did not make any differnce

Check the values of these keys and set them to a valid local path. It would be best to set them to the default under the Backup Exec installation directory; I have added that information below the keys.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\Misc\Disaster Recovery Alternate Data Path
(Default: C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\IDR\Data\)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\Misc\Disaster Recovery Data Path
(Default: C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\IDR\Data\)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\Misc\Disaster Recovery Path
(Default: C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\IDR\)

Check this key and you may want to set it to 0 (meaning IDR is not installed) but recheck the key after upgrade to make sure it is set to 1 and the key will be in the new Symantec registry location and not the VERITAS location.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\Misc\Disaster Recovery Installed

I have spend over two hours searching for a fix with no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated.  thank you

1 REPLY 1

ProductPro
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Look in the folders in C:\Windows\Installer and find the folder that contains BEInstParams.prm and a sub-folder named Bin. Copy the name of the folder into notepad. Then delete the entire folder. IE....C:\Windows\Installer\{EAB0C0F9-B57B-4865-91A3-DE3B34B1FB02}

Take the name of that folder - and search the registry for that value.  Delete any key you find with the value found within the curly braces. EAB0C0F9-B57B-4865-91A3-DE3B34B1FB02

Cancel the install and try it again.