cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1606 - Path not found \IDR\DATA

Katolight
Level 3
I'm attempting to upgrade from version 10d to 11 and get that error regardless of what I do. Symantecs phone support is horrible and only available on weekdays from 8am to 6pm - who can actually do installs during those hours - give me a break Symantec and no I'm not going to pay additional fees to get support when it doesn't work out of the box like it should in the first place. 

I've searched the web and searched these forums and there are tons of posts about this and not 1 solution. I do not have IDR currently and do not wish to have it. I believe it may have been installed on this machine at one time prior to my arrival. I have 4 servers that need upgrading and this first one is my primary so all my work so far is for nothing. I've read the posts on teh paths - they are there and do exist locally but its still an issue. The registry setting for IDR is set to 0. It doesn't matter if I change it to 1 or 0 as it don't work period.

It would be nice to get a version of software that actually worked out of the box like it was suppose to. I guess spending $4k on software and getting nowhere is common place nowadays.
1 REPLY 1

ProductPro
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Look in the folders in C:\Windows\Installer and find the folder that contains BEInstParams.prm and a sub-folder named Bin. Copy the name of the folder into notepad. Then delete the entire folder. IE....C:\Windows\Installer\{EAB0C0F9-B57B-4865-91A3-DE3B34B1FB02}

Take the name of that folder - and search the registry for that value.  Delete any key you find with the value found within the curly braces. EAB0C0F9-B57B-4865-91A3-DE3B34B1FB02

Cancel the install and try it again.