cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Access is Denied" when trying to connect to a remote server.

Nathan_Telschow
Not applicable
Hello, having a problem backing up one of our servers. It was working just fine until the middle of last month and it's been failing ever since. I can access all other servers on the domain just fine but this particular one gives the "access is denied" message. I can't even browse the server at all on the selections list when trying to create a backup job.

The security logs on the remote server don't seem to indicate anything is wrong. The account being used is a domain administrator and has been added to the local admins on the remote server.

I've removed and reinstalled the remote agent and have tried using several different logon accounts. Even when testing credentials it fails. I've even reinstalled Backup Exec itself. I'm getting really baffled by this. This is a critical, production server and it's very important that it is backed up. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I've never posted here before so please let me know if there's any additional info I can provide that may help troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Nathan...
1 REPLY 1

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,

We would like to know:
- Is this Remote Machine in the same Domain?
- Under What account is the Remote Agent Service is running?

- Check if the beremote.exe Version is the same on both the servers. If not try reinstalling the remote Agent.

Thanks
Regards