cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Access is denied" e0008488 HEX- Exchange 2003 Brick Level Backups

Django
Level 2
Dear Support,

I am currently performing brick-level backups on my Exchange 2003 server.  I am using BackupExec 11d 7170.  On certain accounts the job shows the error listed in the article:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/266178.htm

However, the article does not seem to cover my exact problem.  I have checked the event log on my Exchange server and it shows the following failure at the each problem mailbox backup is attempted:

Logon Failure on database Windows 2000 account mailbox /o=First Organization/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/ Error: -2147221231

Please can someone put me out of my misery.  I cannot find an exact match to my problem.

Many Thanks

Django Smith
1 REPLY 1

Allen_K
Level 6

Django wrote:
Dear Support,

Hi Django,

Please note that this is a peer-to-peer discussion forum and not technical support.

Usually customers come to the rescue. Other times, when they are available, a Symantec employee will volunteer his/her time to find and help solve issues just like any other member of the community.

You might consider contacting Symantec Support Services for 24/7 access to technical support professionals. You can also try using our Knowledge Base Search.

Hope that helps!