cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs queue but never run

CC2810
Level 3
When i try and run a backupjob it just sits in the queue but the job never runs, is there anyway i can see whats holding this up????
2 REPLIES 2

Bourne
Level 2
Is there a question mark visible in the status bar at the bottom of the window? If there is, there might be an issue with the overwrite status of the media. Click the question mark and choose to overwrite the media.

Try clearing alerts as well if you have a lot of them.

I used to get this problem with version 9 frequently. With that I usually had to stop the services, wait a while and restart them.

You might have also be having an issue with the device itself. Check that the device can be seen and selected. Backup exec might not be recognising it and holding the jobs as a result.

CC2810
Level 3
There is no question mark, and also no alerts, the only alerts that come up are ones when i cancel the jobs, the one i cancelled this morning had been running for 112 hours without doing anything

The drive itself seems to be working ok, i did manage to get one job done last week so i would assume it can work its just there is something stopping it