cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Ignoring" skipped files

Randy_Blalock
Level 4
In cleaning out our backup error logs, we have determined that some files that are being skipped (due to being in use, not using OFO) are only appearing occasionally simply due to timing. These files need to be backed up, but it is not critical for this to occur every single time the backup runs (daily).

My question...Is there a way to tell the backup to NOT make a log entry when specific files are skipped?
3 REPLIES 3

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

To skip the specific files from the backup job, you can exclude those. For that please refer to the following technote:

How to globally exclude specific folders while performing a backup in VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) for Windows Servers
http://support.veritas.com/docs/273315

Please revert incase for further quries regarding this issue.

Regards.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
He doesn't want to exclude the files, just not have log entries.

To answer the question, no you cannot exclude the entries from the log as far as I know. I believe even at the lowest logging level (the default setting) they will still show up. Outside of excluding the files, you will probably see them skipped in the logs.

Randy_Blalock
Level 4
Thanks deynub. You must have acutally read the question. :)