cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Ranges" option not available when setting up new report job

Level 3

I am running two Backup Exec 3600 Appliance both with Sp1 and all updates installed.

On unit A I am able to create new report jobs from the Standard Reports list and i get an option, between General and Notification, Ranges that allows me to select the "Number of hours within time report".

On unit B I can create a new report job from the template but i am missing the "Ranges" option on the New Report Job. I dont see any differences between the two appliance.

If anyone has seen thsi issue and has a resolution for it please reply.

4 REPLIES 4

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

I dont think this issue is related to Appliance. I believe you have BE version 2010 R3 installed and it can be the issue with BE itself.

Are you trying to run the same std report on both units? Which STD report are you running?

Level 3

I agree I dont think it is the appliance either but I wanted to provide all of the information that I could.

I am trying to run the Jobs Summary report, dailyjobs_en.rdl, on both appliances.

On one appliance i get the ranges option on the other i do not.

The other thing that different is teh way that it shows me the reports.

On one they are grouped by Category under Standard Reports on teh other all jobs are only listed under all reports.

any ideas?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Can you please try copying the "reports"folder from one unit (from location C:\program files\symantec\backup exec) to another (to location C:\program files\symantec\backup exec).

Note: take a backup of existing "reports" folder before replacing it.

Please stop the BE services before copying and start the services later.And let me know.

Level 3

Ok I tried that and I still have the same issue teh range option is not coming up when i attempt to create a new report job.

I did stop the services before moving the folder in but it looks the exact same as it did prior to me moving the Reports folder from A to B.

I had actually tried that before but without turning the services off.