cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Removing" a resource that is no longer in a job?

Simon_Dodd
Level 2
We have a peculiar issue where our nightly backup run reports that it has failed because it is "unable to attatch to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again." The resource that it is unable to attatch to is, supposedly, a user-defined selection called "ofcsvr\jz-backup."

Now, that is a legitimate server -- from which other resources are being succesfully backed up every night, so this isn't merely a netowork connection problem -- and until a few weeks ago, this particular directory was a legitimate part of the backup run. It then became obsolete, and we therefore removed it from the selections list. However, while ofcsvr\jz-backup is not selected in the "Selections" list, it is listed in the "Resource list" and "Resource Credentials" lists, and clearly - as evidenced by the daily "backup run failed" email that lands on my desktop every morning - Backup Exec still believes that this selection is part of its scheduled backup run.

My seemingly logically-impossbile question is: how can I remove a resource from the backup run's selection list if it isn't in the backup run's selection list?
3 REPLIES 3

clay_bowman
Level 4
Open the job and under the Selections choose Text view instead of Graphical, the resource will show up here

Simon_Dodd
Level 2
**Duplicate post, sorry.**

Simon_Dodd
Level 2
Aha! It was indeed listed there followed by an /exclude statement. Peculiar to have it there but completely absent in the graphical interface. Thanks!