cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recover disk folder on remote share

bellissimopytho
Level 5

Hi,

I know that BE2012 wants a local disk as restore folder for exchange db. I don't know how big is the exchange db I want recover (it's pretty old and the actual size is different for sure) so I have to allocate 250GB as the maximum size the exchange db could be.

On the blade where BE is installed there is not so much space and I can't buy an other hd and reinstall everything (os dirvers software). Thus I d like to use a remote windows share.

BE2012 says that it want a ntfs local disk... anyone know how to cheat BE to use a windows share to recover my db ?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If the backup is on tape then you just allocate a disk storage on the share and duplicate the tape backup set to this disk storage. When the duplicate is successful, you can do the restore from the disk backup set. It will not require disk staging

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If the backup is on tape then you just allocate a disk storage on the share and duplicate the tape backup set to this disk storage. When the duplicate is successful, you can do the restore from the disk backup set. It will not require disk staging

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Not possible unless the NAS you have (assuming you have 1) will support iSCSI. Then you'd simply carve out an iSCSI LUN (invoke iSCSI within Windows Server) and present to the media server.

A server running Windows Storage Server would also be able to do iSCSI, but a network share is stricly not supported for the temporary staging area.

Thanks!