cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

redirect a mailbox restore does not work

robertmueller
Level 4

Hi,

when I redirect a mailbox restore in Backupexec 11 to a differrent exchange 2003 mailbox, the logfile says that evrything went fine, that so and so many messages have been restored. The mailbox where the e-mail messages are to be restored gets also a message saying that this mailbox has been initialised for a restore. But at the end not a single message has been restored, even though the logfile says that everything went fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

robertmueller
Level 4

Thank you for your replies!!!

Finally it worked out. I created a new mailbox, then in BE11D  redirected the e-mails and to the new exchange server and mailbox, and the mails were there.

Thanks a lot for your help

Juergen

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Robert,

Are you restoring directly from tape? If so, and you're using GRT, then it states in the Admin Guide that it is best to duplicate to disk first, and then restore from there.

If you don't know how, read up below. You can just modify the section where you need to restore data, to doing a redirected restore instead of a restore into a specific mailbox that data has been deleted out of...

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-usi...

Laters!

robertmueller
Level 4

Hi Craig,

thank you for your promt answer.

I am backing up individual mailboxes extra on tape with legacy mailbox support aktivated. I understand that with this e-mails are seperately being backed up even though it takes much longer because everything is backed up double.

Is it not possible to restore individual e-mails to a different mailbox?

Thanks alot

Juergen

tech29
Level 6

Hi Juergen,

It is possible to restore individual emails to different mailboxes.

Can you check the size of the mailbox to which you want to restore the emails before and after the restore? so that you can confirm whether anything really got restored to that mailbox.

Regards,

Tech29

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

you can select the individual mailbox and restore to other mailbox or redirect them to any other mailbox. Please try to create a new mailbox and try to redirect the restore to that one.

CraigV

You can yes, not a hassle. BUT...if you are doing that type of backup to tape, it is possible that restoring directly from tape won't work. I know that it doesn't when doing a GRT backup (and you can restore individual items from tape with BE 2010/R2, but not with BE 12.5 and below)...it states that in the Admin Guide.

Try the duplicate to disk and see what happens...

robertmueller
Level 4

Thank you for your replies!!!

Finally it worked out. I created a new mailbox, then in BE11D  redirected the e-mails and to the new exchange server and mailbox, and the mails were there.

Thanks a lot for your help

Juergen

CraigV

Hi Robert,

Can you please close this by marking the solution?

Thanks!