cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

redirect public foder at restore

Erik_van_den_Br
Level 3
i'm using windows 2003 SBS with Veritas Backup 10.
I'm trying to redirect a public folder to another server but i get access denied. I gave the public folder permissions for the administrator as owner. and use a logon account with administrator in BE 10.
7 REPLIES 7

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

It is possible to redirect an individual mailbox but Backup Exec doesnot support redirected restore of an individual public folder.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered questions’ pool.

Erik_van_den_Br
Level 3
-

Erik_van_den_Br
Level 3
Is it possible to redirect all the public folders?

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

No it is not possible to redirect Public folders.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Erik_van_den_Br
Level 3
But how can i restore my public folder to a new server with another name. the old server crashed. I cannot restore with the pub.edb.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Inventory and catalog the media then restore.
Thanks

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Erik_van_den_Br
Level 3
But if you read the question and answers above it cannot by redirecting. so how can i restore a public folder to a new server. that new server has another name than the original. So what to do now????