do i have to buy all new?.

please advice cost effective solution.

Thanks
1 REPLY 1

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

As you have mentioned that you have two domains, please note that in this scenariok you will have to establish the trust relationship between two domains.

In one domain as you hav e4 Exchange servers, then you will have to buy 4 Exchange agents and please note that each exchange agen,t included one remote agent.So if you will buy 4 exchange agents, you will have 4 remote agents and thus you can protect 4 remote servers.

This is also applicable for the 4 SQL servers in another domain.
As you have 4 SQL servers, you will have to buy 4 SQL agents and you will get 4 remote agents along with it.So that you can protect 4 remote servers in another domain.

So there is no need to buy a separate remote agent license.
Also note that ,do not purchase a remote agent license if the remote machines are workstations.
Remote agent license is required only incase of remote servers.

Also note that the agent of BE v9.1 are not compatible with B Ev10.0 and vice versa.
But the Backup Exec 9.1 Remote Agent is also compatible with BE v10.0 for the purpose of rolling upgrades with the exception of any caveats listed in the notes.

You can refer the BE v10.0 software compatibility list:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264484.htm

You can contact our sales department to purchase the licenses or if you hav equestions related to it:

http://www.veritas.com/contactus/ContactUsHome.jhtml

Thanks,
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.Message was edited by:
Deepali Badave