cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report for large files

Lars_Oeschey
Level 3
Hi,

we noticed an increasing volume in backuped data. With the reports in BackupExec I can find what machine creates the high volume but I can't identify where the files are, in fact I can't find any report that tells me what files are actually written to tape.
Can someone point me to how to generate such a report, or where to check for large files etc.? Or maybe a pointer to where that is documented ;)

Lars
5 REPLIES 5

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused because of the delayed response. Please let us know if your issue / problem is resolved so that we can archive this post. However, if the issues still persist then refer to the steps mentioned below:

In order to isolate the issue, please go to TOOLS - OPTIONS - JOB LOGS and set it to the most detailed option that is Summary Information, directories, files and file details. This will print all the files backed up in the job log.

We hope this will help.

Please update us on the issue so that If the issue still persists we can troubleshoot the issue further.

If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be presumed to be answered and will be marked as assumed answered and archived.

Thanks.

Lars_Oeschey
Level 3
I did what you say... the problem now is, that I can't open the log anymore, I get an insufficient memory error (with 4Gb memory...)

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Won't tell you how big the files are, but go to the Restore Selection pane and choose Media View, find one of the tapes in question, and open it up

You can also use the CATDUMP utillity to dump a catalog's contents. See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/273919.htmMessage was edited by:
Ken Putnam

Prajuctaa_Mulay
Level 4
Hi Lars,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused because of the delayed response. Please let us know if your issue / problem is resolved so that we can mark this case as ‘assumed answered’ and move it to ‘answered threads’ pool. However, if the issues still persist then refer to the steps mentioned below:

In addition to Ken's suggestion, have you checked on the source server what these files are? Are they automatically generated? e.g. log files by some application that runs on this remote server. Select the option "resource view" under Restore to get a better view of what this data is. It would also be a good idea to restore some of these "extra" files and check if they got properly backed up, and what they are.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered threads’ pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.