cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

select SQL Express SP1 setup file

Paulus
Level 3
During in the installation process of Backup Exec 11d for Windows Servers, I (had to) select the option to create a local Backup Exec SQL Express instance to store the database on.
After that, I was prompted to enter the path to the SQL 2005 Express SP1 setup file.
I downloaded the SQLEXPR.EXE, and copied it to the local C:\Temp directory.
Whether I selected the SQLEXPR.EXE, or the unpacked setup.exe, the following error message is always generated:
"Symantec Backup Exec (TM) 11d for Windows Servers"
"C:\Temp\SQLEXPR.EXE is not a valid SQL Express SP1 setup file. Select SQL Express SP1 setup file"

Also, when trying the above using a downloaded SQL 2005 Express SP2 , the same error is produced.

Anyone knows a way to get around this problem ?

Paul

4 REPLIES 4

Greg_Meister
Level 6
Good morning Paul,

It sounds like you may have a corrupt or incomplete installation package. SQLExpress is, by default, located on the install media under the path \winnt\install\sqlexpress\sqlexpr.exe.

Paulus
Level 3
Greg,
I just downloaded the SQLEXPR.EXE file from the Microsoft site :
www.microsoft.com/downloads/   --> Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Service Pack 1

Then I copied that file to C:\TEMP on the server, and when pointing to this folder, I obtained the error...

I also tried to unzip the file first (into the same dir) and pointed to the file setup.exe, but also this file was not accepted.

Fred_Kling
Level 2
Employee
What is the language of the OS and SQL? What OS version?

Paulus
Level 3
Windows 2003 Server , SP2.  English version.
SQL Express as present on the intallation disk for Backup Exec 11d for Windows Servers 32-bit version . Version 11.0 Build 6235.

I understand the local Backup Exec SQL Express instance is installed from the same Backup Exec 11d install CD ?
I always install English versions of software on the servers.

Paul