cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selection list being backed up multiple times by same job

matt_fitch
Level 3

I am running backup exec 2010 R2. My jobs have been running OK for a few months, but today I noticed that one of my jobs is backing up my selection list multiple times (IE: server01 C: drive gets wrtten to tape 3 times - it should only be backed up once). None of my selection lists have changed. This has happened in the past (about 6-8 months ago) and symantec tech support had me recreate all of my jobs and selection lists. Any idea what is causing this problem to occur, how to prevent it from happening again, and how to fix my current jobs? There are no error messages. This is extremely frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
7 REPLIES 7

CraigV

Hi Matt,

Could be some sort of corruption in the BEDB. CHeck the TN below and run a repair of it. It is nonintrusive (it does stop the BE services though!) and won't cause data loss.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH67239

You might also want to consider an upgrade to BE 2010 R3. It's free, uses the same license keys, and fixed a number of issues with previous versions of BE 2010.

Thanks!

matt_fitch
Level 3

Thanks for the feedback. Do you know where I can find a list of bugs fixed by 2010 R3?

CraigV

matt_fitch
Level 3

From the release notes, seems this is not fixed in R3. I will try the BEDB check/repair...

CraigV

...also just make sure that your BE services are excluded from any AV scans...this can sometimes cause issues. And I assume that the drive that the BE installation is on isn't heavily fragmented, or has any underlying hardware issues?

matt_fitch
Level 3

BEDB check reported no issues or problems with the database.

I am running Symantec Endpoint protection versoin 12.1. Are Symantec products not aware of each other?!? How would I "make sure that BE services are excluded from any AV scans"?

Thanks.

CraigV