cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selection list issue

beragara
Level 3

Hey everybody,

I've got Backupexec 12.5 sp3 server on Windows 2003 and there is an installed agent on windows 2008 r2. Sometimes, Windows 2008's selection list drives automatically disapear under "user-defined selections" or  "windows system". I can't backup those drives because of it. All I can do is to restart Windows 2008 r2.
Is there any solution for this ?

Many thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

beragara
Level 3

The Issue is revolved. Route and remote access service was running on W2k8 server. That's why the problem happens.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Open the backup exec remote agent utility on the remote server .
Click on the publishing tab
make sure its publishing to the correct server ,
you can reduce the interval for publishing .
but it might be  some network related issue causing the server not to show up in the selection list .
Also see if restarting the remote agent service helps instead of rebooting the server

beragara
Level 3

I checked publishing settings on the remote server, everyhing's correct. I restarted agent services but it didn't work out !
Any idea ?

Thanks

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Check the following doc  http://support.veritas.com/docs/346502

beragara
Level 3
After that, do I need to restart B.Exec server ?

beragara
Level 3

But this article says: "if the Backup Exec media server is installed on Microsoft Windows 2008/Vista or later" my Backup Exec server is installed on Windows 2003. The agent is installed on Windows 2008 R2.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Well As i said it would be an issue with some network connection , you can probably check if the server is shown under my network places

beragara
Level 3

The Issue is revolved. Route and remote access service was running on W2k8 server. That's why the problem happens.