cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tape magazine does not eject at end of job and library is locked

Level 2
I have a Windows 2003 Server backing up to a HP Dat 72x6 tape library, and my backup job specifies that the library should eject at the end of the job. The eject never occurs, and often the tape library is locked so I cannot hit the eject button and retrieve the tapes.
4 REPLIES 4

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
In order to isolate the issue, please refer to the following technote:

- How to configure VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) to automatically respond to media alerts, including when a backup hangs at 99%, until the user responds to a tape eject prompt

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192055.htm

We hope this will help.

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
The eject media after backup is only for single tape drives - it means to eject the tape from the drive not the library.

When using a library - the tape used for the backup will always be ejected and placed back into it's original slot.

To retrieve the tapes - you will either have to run and Export or run an Unlock job to unlock the library so you can manually change the tapes.

Level 2
Can I schedule the unlock job so I don't have to train someone non-technical to use the Vackup Exec Software? I'd like for them to simply come into the data center the morning after a backup, hit eject, and change to the next day's magazine of tapes.

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
I think you can, don't have BE in front of me, so can't check - setup the unlock job, see if there is a schedule option.