cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to backup windows 2003 64bit with BE 12D

speedingwolf
Level 2

Hi all,

I have a windows 2003 server 32bit and installed with BE 12 32bit. I installed 64bit agent on our two 64bit windows 2003 servers. When i choose a folder on the 64bit to backup, it will select and allow me to do backup. But the job fail with this error:

Final error: 0xe000846b - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.
Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer.
Final error category: Resource Errors

Am I missing something? Or i need to install BE 12 64bit on Windows 2003 32 bit OS? Will it backup my 32bit servers?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited
What server is it referencing when if get the remote agent error?  It is referencing a remote server or the media server? 

speedingwolf
Level 2

Thanks for responding to my question. It referencing to the target server. The server that needs to be backup. Does 64bit BE 12 edition can be installed on a Windows 2003 32bit server?

Thanks

Nick_Elmer
Level 6
Employee

The 64 bit version of Backup Exec cannot be installed on a 32 bit OS, however there is a 32 bit version of Backup Exec that can be installed on a 32 bit OS. Both versions should be able to protect your target 64 bit server if installed locally, or remotly using the Remote Agent.

Hope this helps.

Nick