cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade from 2010 R3 to 2014

parkar-noor
Level 3

Hi All,

i have symantec backup Exec 2010 R3. i try to run live update, it is giving me three options to upgrade . .

there are three options: upgrade to 2012 , upgrade servic pack 4, upgrade to 2014.

i can see my license key but dont know expiration period.

what is needed to upgrade from 2010 R3. is it service maintenance contract having serial number, or license key which i have.

i cannot see anything under service maintenance contract. it is none.

if i dont have service maintenance contract, can i still upgrade the product to 2014.

or i can chose service pack 4 for upgrade now and have contract support first to upgrade.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You can upgrade to SP4 with your existing licence keys which do not expire. You should upgrade to SP4 which is required in HD you want to upgrade further. To upgrade to BE 2012 and beyond, you need a new set of licence keys which you can get for free if you are on a current maintenance contract. If you do want to upgrade, you should be planning to upgrade to BE 15 which is the latest version. Forget about BE 2012 and BE 2014

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You can upgrade to SP4 with your existing licence keys which do not expire. You should upgrade to SP4 which is required in HD you want to upgrade further. To upgrade to BE 2012 and beyond, you need a new set of licence keys which you can get for free if you are on a current maintenance contract. If you do want to upgrade, you should be planning to upgrade to BE 15 which is the latest version. Forget about BE 2012 and BE 2014

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If you have an "active" support maintenance contract, then upgrade to BE 2014 is available at no cost. If the support maintenance contract has expired, then there is a charge involved and you can confirm the exact pricing with the Licensing Team.

Secondly, LiveUpdate just informs a newer version is available, however it does not allow a major version upgrade via LiveUpdate.

rgouette
Level 2

Hi, I'm sorry for using this thread, but do you happen to know any reasons why a post(my first) isn't showing up in this forum?

It's been 2 hours & the status of the post is NOT published...

;(

Rich