cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

veritas backup exec 9.1 remote agent question...

Matt_Olynyk
Level 3
i have four servers...one is the backup server itself and three file servers. i have only three remote agent license, but i can't seem to backup the third file server. i have remote agents loaded on all four servers. i am not backing up anything from the backup server, so should the "Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers" be installed on the backup server itself? is this using one of my licenses?

thanks
matt
3 REPLIES 3

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

When Backup Exec is installed, the Remote Agent is also installed by default. That is why the Remote Agent service can be seen on the Backup Exec server.

Regarding not being able to see the third file server on which you have installed the Remote Agent, pleas check if the Remote Agent service on that server is running using Local System account.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Thomas_Bianco
Level 5
couple of things to try:

1) ensure you can browse to the server via network neighborhood from the backup server.
if not, check name resolution and WINS settings

2) ensure you can connect to TCP port 10000, i.e. there are no firewalls or traffic filters in the way.

3) make sure the credentials on the resource page are correct, and have backup rights.

keep us posted

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Matt,

Please let us know if the earlier provided solution has helped in resolving the issue.

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.