cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vxmon_full.exe stopped interacting with Windows and was closed.

AmadeusJHB
Level 3

Hi all,

Been having endless trouble with getting a Hyper-V host to work with my new BE Server 2015 install. The server loads into the servers list but I cannot do anything with it. If I try and setup a backup definition it just hangs trying to discover resources on the host server.

I checked the event log and there is a Event ID: 1002

Any ideas if this can be fixed without uninstalling the agent as this will require a reboot before a new agent install can happen and that means down time for all the VMs too.

Event ID: 1002 - Application Hang

The program vxmon_full.exe version 14.2.1180.1162 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
 Process ID: 2170
 Start Time: 01d1170895e72a71
 Termination Time: 31
 Application Path: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\vxmon_full.exe
 Report Id: 859cb9d6-82fc-11e5-80cf-40a8f02fc3c8
 Faulting package full name:
 Faulting package-relative application ID:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmadeusJHB
Level 3

Hi VJWare,

As mentioned this seemed to be an Anti Virus \ DNS issue. As the DNS server services is running on this Host I ensured DNS was correct and resolving internally first on the host server.

I then removed all agents, added the RAWS program folder to anti virus scan exceptions to all servers involved, rebooted the servers and redeployed the Hyper-V agent choosing the option to deploy agent to all discovered VMs in one go...

It's now working great!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Try a repair of the Remote Agent and .NET

If a repair doesn't help, then a reinstall would be needed. Also, if running any AV, pls add exclusions to the BE directory.

AmadeusJHB
Level 3

Hi VJWare,

As mentioned this seemed to be an Anti Virus \ DNS issue. As the DNS server services is running on this Host I ensured DNS was correct and resolving internally first on the host server.

I then removed all agents, added the RAWS program folder to anti virus scan exceptions to all servers involved, rebooted the servers and redeployed the Hyper-V agent choosing the option to deploy agent to all discovered VMs in one go...

It's now working great!