cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the Product number for SBS 2003 backup exec upgrade

Matthew_Pepper
Level 2
Hi,

I'm having a lot of problems trying to get the correct license in australia. could someone confirm what the product number is for an upgrade from Veritas BackupExec for Small Business Server 2000 ver 8 to Veritas Backup Exec Small Business Server 2003 ver10.

I have so far been sent the license for BackupExecServer 2003 upgrade twice (with a lengthy wait).

Tryingt o get my supplier or anyone else to confirm I have the correct license for my third attempt is proving impossible as noone replys from Veritas.

I have a license with product number A130258-OLBV33. What is this product number for?

thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

We request you not to post license numbers of any product on the Forums.

However to reply to your query this is not a Backup exec serial number. Please contact our Sales department. Refer the following website.

http://www.veritas.com/contactus/ContactUsHome.jhtml

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Matthew_Pepper
Level 2
Thank you for your reply. Is this not a BackupExec for SBS server product number? The emphasis is on SBS in this question as this seems to be th root of the porblem. you may also want to read the rest of this post reply as it outlines some of the woeful service received to date.

Unfortunately I had no choice but publish the "Product number". I have spent the past 6 months trying to get the correct upgrade license. In this 6 month period I have been issued with the incorrect license 3 times. this is compunded with the inordinate amount of time it takes Veritas to issue the license once purchased (weeks not days).

My attempts to contact Veritas to ensure I have been issued the correct license have met with no reply to date. I really did not want to pay an expensive contractor to come out again to upgrade software to only find the wrong license has been issued. Hence I posted on this forum. So far this has been an expensive excercise in incorrct upgrades, manually backing up and out of date DRP.

On a secondary note, this forum was the only area to post this type of support issue. I tried to find some contact area on your site but was consistently directed to this forum. Your "live chat" is only useful in US hours.

By the way the number I used was labeled as a "Product Number" not a "license number" on the PDF license. I especially did not publish the "License Number" from the PDF license. Is the PDF license I was sent mis-labelled?

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Did you try to contact our sales team at the following link:

http://www.veritas.com/contactus/ContactUsHome.jhtml

You can enter your region and contact the local sales team who will help in issues regarding license and purchases.

Hope this helps.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.