cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

won't backup Vmware esxi 6.0

infrasolutions
Level 3

Hi everyone, I have a windows server with backup exec on it and I'm trying to backup the VM on VMware ESXI. We bought a license for vmware backup agent.

One thing to know, all my VMs are Linux, mostly debian 8

I gave the right credentials for Logon Accounts. BE is able to show me a list of the VMs on my ESXI server. When I select one test VM for backup and I launch a FULL backup it almost automatically fails with different error codes. Here one of them. 

Final error: 0xe0009574 - Unable to create a snapshot of the virtual machine. The virtual machine no longer exists or may be too busy to quiesce to take the snapshot.
Final error category: Resource Errors

When I edit the job > Test/edit credentials, some of my machines apears "offline or in  an unknown state" even though they are running.  

I didn't know if the virtual machines needed the Linux agent so I tried installing it on one of them. It wasn't working. I tried to add the same Linux machine to be backedup with the agent withtout behing a child of my ESXI server it worked.

So, I really don't know why the backup are not working. Thank you for your help  ! 

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Have you made sure that your version of Linux is on the supported OS list for your version of BE?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You already post this problem earlier.  Do NOT post the same problems multiple times.